10 Interesting Satire Essay Topics For College Students
If you are asked to write an essay with a satirical topic or theme you need to do two things. The first is to follow all the basics of writing any type of essay such as selecting the ideal topic, doing plenty of relevant research, creating an outline or plan, writing well and then editing and proofreading your document. The second is to take into account the fact that it is a satirical essay and that means that there is certainly an opportunity for you to use your sense of humour -- I hope you have one. You can also make sure that you use interesting language but never forget to include common sense.
Finding a topic for a satirical issue should not be difficult. This is not to say that you can't write about something that happened hundreds of years ago but generally speaking it is not difficult to find current satirical issues. There are all sorts of events taking place today many of which form the basis for an excellent satirical essay topic. Of course you need to remember that your choice of topic must appeal to you. You always write better about a topic you know or love.
A satirical essay has almost no restrictions on absurdity. In fact you are actively encouraged to think of adding the absurd to all aspects of your satirical essay. If it sounds crazy or far too over-the-top, then that might make the ideal satirical essay topic. Here are some possible examples for you to consider.
- Governments should encourage illegal immigrants and put them to work for no pay.
- People who are violent at sporting functions should be forced to attend such functions in their underclothes.
- One day a month should be a car free day in every city.
- Instead of paying for goods or services with money, bartering should be essential.
- A new part of the world should be declared the country of Racism and all racists should be made to live there.
- All bosses should be paid the same salary as the workers.
- To prevent overpopulation all families must pay the government a major tax if they have more than one child.
- Politicians should be judged on their ability to tell good jokes.
- Junk food should cost ten times more than healthy food.
- Everyone should be a celebrity for at least a day.